4.28.2009

Broke

Disclaimer: This post is a reflection of how I am feeling at the moment and is subject to drastic and sudden change. Particularly after I have consumed enough rocky road ice cream to induce gestational diabetes.
 
I'll admit it. I'm a light-weight when it comes to stress. It doesn't take much to render me dysfunctional. In fact, I'm rarely fully functional. I'm sure our current financial circumstances are meant to teach me a few lessons on endurance and rising to the occasion and relying on the Lord and simplifying my life and finding out what's really important and blah-biddy-blah-blah...I'm over it. 

I know there are people who have had it much, much worse and gone through life with much, much less but today I don't care. I want my old life back. So, knowingly assuming the risk of sounding whiny, and high maintenance, and patently ungrateful, I am posting this list of demands for my happiness.

1. Cable.

2. A savings account with a balance of more than $2.48.

3. Regular pedicures.

4. Buying new baby clothes and feeling no guilt.

5. Not having to ask for help. 

6. Private school.

7. A husband with hope.

8. A real vacation.

9. Paying more than the minimums.

10. A 'frivolous' shopping spree with a receipt over $20.

11. Doing hair just for the 'fun money'.

12. A mom who is more stable than me.

13. Being able to afford the dentist.

14. Having the option to spoil the kids.

15. Friends who don't worry about us.

 16. A desire to pray.

CC

6 comments:

Erin said...

Sorry, #15 won't work today. I worry. And I think it's ok, the worry. It just means I love you and want you to have all the happy things and less of the stress. But, I do love that you are blogging again. And next time you hit the rocky road, call me, we can wallow together.

Erica said...

Ohhhhhh. The baby clothes got me. Humph.

Lamb Fam said...

I saw you at The Marble Slab (is that what it's called?) the other night. I was in a store across the way. I was going to come in and say hi when I was done paying... too bad you guys were already gone :(
Glad there's still money in the ice cream fund!
Love you, Chantel! We'll just have to have a KILLER shower for you to spoil that new love bug of yours...

C. C. Fawson said...

Erin - love you too I'm grateful for the worry and want it to go away all at the same time. You might know something about that.

Jaim - funny about the ice cream...we were there on vouchers that our friends had given us. Ice cream food stamps Woot! Woot!

Shannon said...

I think a good wallowing/vast consumption of ice cream is a healthy coping mechanism. Not sure what that says about me and whether or not I should be working with anyone mentally unstable. Oh well. Sorry that things are rough right now. It really sucks not being able to do all the fun things you want to. It seems like whenever I have zero money I get overwhelming urges to go out to eat, see movies, and buy clothes. I get inordinately sad when I realize I can't. Hope things start looking up soon.
PS-Do you know if I should buy pink or blue yet?

C. C. Fawson said...

Shannon - Sugar and fat molecules are just as effective as Prozac only without the sexual side effects. Don't buy me anything! I'll feel like my blog was begging. But, we are having a boy.