5.05.2009

The Tooth Fairy (or Why I'll Never Win The Mother Of The Year Award)



We forgot to follow through on our oldest child's first lost tooth. He woke us up the next morning carrying the little tooth in his hand, and crestfallen exclaimed, "Mom, she didn't come."

Oops.

Ethan's Letter to the Tooth Fairy:

Dear Tooth Fairy,

I lost my first tooth today. I'll put my tooth under my pillow. My tooth has no cavities or fillings.

My tooth came out because at school I twisted my tooth...and when I got home I let my mom pull it out.

I think I should have 3$ for my tooth.

Ethan


Tooth Fairy's Reply:

Dearest Ethan,

Thank you for the lovely note and beautiful tooth! I am so ashamed that I am late, late, late. In fact it hasn't happened since...well, ask your Grandmother Joan.

I was so busy last night that I had to risk being seen this morning and make this final drop while you were in the shower. You see the hurricane over the Indian Ocean blew me off course and left me scrambling to catch up. Terrible, just terrible!

Considering that this is your first Tooth Fairy experience, and no doubt a disappointing one, I am leaving you $10. I hope you will find that to be adequate compensation given the unfortunate circumstances.

Best Wishes,

The Tooth Fairy

Yeah, that would be us buying down the guilt.

CC

2 comments:

Shannon said...

What sweet, generous tooth fairy! That is so cute that he wrote a note though. I can't help spoiling my children when they are so adorable.

C. C. Fawson said...

It was the fact that we totally forgot that got him the mass cash. He came in that morning and was devastated that the tooth fairy hadn't come. We seriously scrambled to get it all together while he was in the shower!