12.05.2010

Friendly Reminder


How this works --

1. I write a post.

I enter full blown creative mania. I spend hours agonizing over it -- searching for the perfect picture; referencing the grammar site open on my browser;  checking the thesaurus for a better adjective; and making sure it all looks professional and designerly.

2. I wait for comments.

I don't pretend to write this blog for me. If I wrote this blog for me I would never go to all the trouble mentioned in point number one. I probably wouldn't blog at all. I would be perfectly satisfied reading other people's blogs and fantasizing about what an awesome writer I could be someday. I write this blog for you. More specifically, I write this blog for attention from you.

Many of you have professed to read my blog; even chastised my infrequent postings. And yet here I sit eagerly hitting the refresh button on my comments page only to be disappointed.

I don't expect verbosity or lavish praise. One word (a calling card) is all I ask.

Words such as:

Fabulousness

Touching...

Brilliantastic.

Hilarious!!!!

(punctuation optional)


Even the occasional:

Bah!

BOO.

Mehh...

or

;(

would be perfectly acceptable.

The only wrong answer is no answer.

CC









9 comments:

Shannon said...

You crack me up. It's what every blogger wants to say about comments, but never does. :)

Also, my husband totally makes fun of me because I always go to my blog and click on the comments to read new ones even though they are right there in the notification email. I just like seeing it on the actual page. Hope this means you have more blogtastic posts in mind!

dream quilt create said...

Hi Chantal, remember me? Cora's sunbeam teacher.... I feel your pain about lack of comments. You can stalk me @ http://horstclan.blogspot.com

Yeah and :) !!!!!

Kim Wimmer said...

Bah! Boo! Meh! There you go. Love your blog and thank you for updating it. I think you are a fantastic writer. You need to write about your life experiences and get published. We sure miss you!

Mikell said...

I have felt that way like five bazillion times. Way to go and be articulate. As always...

Erin said...

Bah. That's all I've got right now. Check back later.

Louise Plummer said...

Darling, if you only write once every two months, then people only look once every two months. I know have lost a kajillion people by ignoring my blog.

But no matter where you are in the world, we feel your starry presence.

Erin said...

My one suggestion would be to let us know on FB when you have a new post up. I'm not so good at checking my blogger, mostly because I wasn't writing. I'm trying to change that. We'll see how it goes. But check out my new post and comment it up, and I promise to do the same for you. Love you. (oh, and your post on punctuation has made me paranoid, just so you know...)

Janet said...

So, post again already, and now that I am right there with you in the blog mania I will be sure to comment, if you do the same. Love you!

Janet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.