11.18.2010

Read This


If you haven't read Lynne Truss's (she says to put the apostrophe there but I'm still not sure) witty, helpful and anything but boring book--you must. She will call you out on every punctuation slip-up you have ever made, yet still allow you to feel good about yourself by providing examples of truly ridiculous grammatical idiocy to ease the guilt of your own (less obtuse) offenses.  Anyone who can take me to school while making me laugh, and propagate my intellectual superiority myth, is a genius.

The only drawback is that now Lynn is in my head. She is standing over my shoulder with a raised eyebrow, tsking disappointedly every time I misuse the comma.

I'm trying, Lynn. I'm really trying.


CC

2 comments:

Louise Plummer said...

I'm going to get this. Yes it is Truss's book. The apostrophe is so misused. It drives me crazy when people use it on plurals.

We're all OCD about something.

C. C. Fawson said...

I'm sure it won't tell you anything new but it will still be a great read. Validation for the punctuation stickler and a pocket bible for the newly converted.