6.15.2009

Eight More Weeks

This is my least favorite time of gestating. There are the varicose veins, the aching back, the heartburn, the swelling and the general malaise of discomfort.

Sex is an embarrassment. Exhaustion is permanent. And all of it is going to get worse before it gets better.


At this point attempts at self beautification are as productive as polishing a turd. My best efforts produce little results. An hour of primping and I look like a manatee wearing lipstick and a wig.


Even my usually sensitive husband can't bring himself to lie to make me feel better. His attempts to mollify my insecurities seem like thinly veiled insults of their own.


Everyone looks different when they're pregnant.


Don't worry its only temporary.


Hon, really. What can you expect?



I expect a little dignity. Now where'd I put my Tucks.


CC

7 comments:

Shannon said...

Ugh. The end of pregnancy SO sucks. I had to be a bridesmaid in my baby sister's wedding when I was 8 months pregnant with Davin and I looked like a huge hideous whale. I had a couple evil people tell me they didn't even realize I was pregnant at first. Ha! I cannot even look at those pictures. Hopefully you will have that baby early and your life/body will get back to normal nice and fast. I'm guessing shoving your belly into a swimsuit at this point isn't high on your list, but I do still pine for our days of swimming/chatting last summer. :)

C. C. Fawson said...

I plan to hit the pool as soon as possible after the baby. I have yet to see a maternity Speedo...

Somer said...

I hate that stage. I was pregnant with Ella in South Carolina on the beach Fourth of July weekend. The nicest thing anyone could muster was, "You look hot." And trust me they did not mean the good kind. Thankfully she came two weeks later.

Masaki said...

Hi,Chantel. How are you doing? I have not seen you for a while.I hope I can see you at the pool after the baby. I need to go swim too though.

Entirely Eventful Day said...

Manatee! That's comic.

joyous said...

Amen, sister!

Louise Plummer said...

"as productive as polishing a turd." Gotta love that analogy.