7.06.2008

The Reluctant Blogger


Hmmm....I'm not entirely sure about this whole blog thing. I think that the name itself has been turning me off. I mean honestly, "blog"? It sounds like a Tolkein character, or the sound that comes out right before you're going to be sick. And then there are all the blog word derivatives: 'blogger', 'blogroll,' and my personal unfavorite, 'tumblelog', which conjures up the image of a rolling piece of poo. Was web-log really so hard to say? Did we really need a 'short-form' of a two syllable word?

So now I find myself in the position of a reluctant blogger. Why bother you ask? Why add another tasting of mediocrity to the soup of uninteresting over-share which makes up the (cringe) blogosphere?

It has recently come to my attention that a lot of people much hipper than me have been blogging it up for some time now. What I saw as tacky self aggrandizement is apparently a fashionable form of personal self expression. Besides, no one wants to be last to the party.

CC

2 comments:

Rebecca Smylie said...

HA! So reluctant we knew now of it. Now Chantel, I assume you were talking about me when you said hipper people did it. I also know you weren't talking about me, but I appreciate you letting me assume it just the same. Thanks again for everything and get out here soon! Also, you spelled candY wrong. Prob just an amateur blogger mistake.

C. C. Fawson said...

Of course I was talking about you! You are the wind beneath my blogging wings...